Monday 23 June 2008

I decided to start a blog

I have a pretty interesting job, not very interesting and nothing to get too excited about if you're not in online marketing but it's pretty interesting. I also like to think that i'm quite a rounded chap with a view on many things in the world, so why not start a blog with no explicit ambition other than to give my views and thoughts an airing?

In terms of the interesting job then I manage the website Holidays Uncovered one of the UK's leading holiday review websites. I also manage the affiliate programme and online partnerships for Thomson and a whole host of other TUI Travel PLC websites such as Portland Holidays and Simply Travel. It's obviously very important to stress that any opinions expressed in this blog are my own and not at all affiliated to TUI Travel PLC. I plan to give a relatively frequent view on what is going on in the affiliate marketing arena, online marketing more generally (apparently something called 'search' is quite popular these days), social networking trends & views and also the travel industry so i'm sure i'll never be short of a subject or two.

Outside of work, online marketing and social network sites my hobbies (and no doubt future topics I will write about) are US Politics, football (Coventry City imparticular), reading and also running.

So feel free to question, prod, criticise and ask for clarification on anything I write in this blog, enjoy!

No comments: